Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Bachelor of Science in marketing demand for professionals in a wide range of marketing roles is increasing globally. Pursuing higher education helps you progress to higher positions with lucrative salaries and other benefits. The marketing environment is continuously evolving with digital improvements, changing economy, and buyer habits. Businesses need shrewd marketing professionals to maneuver the changing climate conditions, strategize, reach out to more audiences, steer clear of competition and improve the sales of their products/services. BLS forecasts a 22% rise in demand for marketing research analysts and a 10% rise in demand for professionals in advertising and promotions.
- Economy Overview:
- Why should you focus on marketing?
- Salaries for professionals in marketing:
- Significance of studying a bachelor of science in marketing with Texila American University, Zambia:
- Key Takeaways:
The lack of substantial foreign investments and increasing debt hampered the economic development in Zimbabwe. The economy recovered in 2021, with the GDP increasing by 5.8% due to improvements in agriculture, improved productivity in industries and exports, stabilization of prices and exchange rates, and slowing inflation. The major sectors contributing to the economy include agriculture, mining, energy, cement, clothing, footwear, wood products, and tourism.
The quality of education in Zimbabwe was poor due to a lack of qualified faculty, infrastructure, and economic conditions, significantly increasing unemployment. Over the past few years, the government has put in place a number of initiatives to boost the economy, educational standards, infrastructure, and facilities. It also launched faulty development programs to enrich the expertise of teaching professionals.
The low financial conditions of families hinder the educational aspirations of students and professionals, and many do not have sufficient resources to pursue a full-time program. Pursuing higher education helps you progress to higher positions with a lucrative salary and other benefits.
If you are unsure or struggling to choose a specialty to pursue your studies, read on to understand why marketing will be a good career choice and how you can benefit from a bachelor of science in marketing degree online from Texila American University.
Why should you focus on marketing?
Marketing is dynamic and critical for every business. It gives you the flexibility to work in any industry. It also facilitates switching to a different industry sector at any point in your career. The demand for professionals in a wide range of marketing roles is increasing globally.
The marketing environment is continuously evolving with digital improvements, changing economy, and buyer habits. Businesses need shrewd marketing professionals to maneuver the changing climate conditions, strategize, reach out to more audiences, steer clear of competition and improve the sales of their products/services. BLS forecasts a 22% rise in demand for marketing research analysts and a 10% rise in demand for professionals in advertising and promotions.
Pursuing a BSc marketing course gives you the essential technical, creative, and interpersonal skills needed to excel in the field.
Let’s look at the critical aspects of why you should consider pursuing a career in marketing degree program:
- It offers excellent career prospects. It offers several career pathways, like, management, digital marketing, analytics, market research, product design, etc. With advancements in the field, you will be working with trending techniques. Your learnings enable you to move up the career ladder.
- It’s a creative field and requires professionals who can devise new and innovative ideas and strategies. It helps you stay energized and recharged.
- Since the roles are wide-ranging, it gives you the flexibility to choose something that suits your skill set.
- Your work will make a positive impact on the brand image and sales. Analytics helps you study various metrics to understand audience insights and fine-tune your marketing strategies based on the outcome.
- It offers professional and personal development as it involves working with people at different levels of the organization, vendors, and clients. Thus, you will enhance your communication and interpersonal skills, which helps in nurturing relationships.
Salaries for professionals in marketing:
|Average Salary pa
|Assistant Brand Manager
|Content Marketing Strategist
|Creative Marketing Lead
|Online Marketing Analyst
|Market Research Analyst
Did you know that studying marketing can be demanding? The field involves collecting and analyzing data and requires you to understand mathematics, statistics, and marketing strategies.
Marketers use various marketing strategies to target and attract customers. The following measures will help you decide on the marketing strategy that suits your business:
- Define your business goals
- Identify and classify your target audience according to their demographics
- Understand audience likes and purchase patterns
- Choose the marketing strategy to influence your audience
- Study and evaluate the outcome to optimize your campaigns
Business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C) are the two types of marketing. Let’s look at some of the strategies in B2C marketing:
1) Paid marketing:
Paid advertising targets audiences based on their preferences, buying habits, and how they connect with the brand. It’s expensive and involves advertising and promotion via television, print media, and internet marketing. Paid marketing includes sponsored ads across social media channels, affiliate marketing, pay-per-click, banner ads, etc.
2) Cause marketing:
In this marketing strategy, companies improve their audience base and brand loyalty by supporting and raising awareness of social causes, with studies suggesting that 90% of customers purchase from these businesses. For example, companies create breast cancer awareness, or campaigns for anti-bullying, anti-smoking, anti-suicide, etc., to gain trust.
3) Relationship marketing:
Modern businesses do not just sell their products/services but focus on developing long-term relationships with their customers by interacting and providing a personalized experience. Digital advancement empowers customers and helps them stay updated on the latest trends. Businesses nowadays address satisfying customer needs, getting their feedback, and redesigning their products to suit customer tastes. Recognizing and appreciating customers boosts brand value and followers.
4) Undercover marketing:
In undercover or stealth marketing, companies influence their customers and promote their brand or products without the customer realizing the marketing maneuver.
5) Word-of-mouth marketing:
Brand-loyal customers with excellent experience refer the brand, product, or service to their family and friends, who in turn refer more people creating a ripple effect. It’s one of the most engaging marketing strategies.
In E-marketing or internet marketing, as the name suggests, the business utilizes the internet medium to promote its product/services. Examples of e-marketing include:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Sharing content like blogs, guest posts, advertisements, banners, videos, and written ads via social media platforms
- E-mail marketing
7) Transactional marketing:
Due to severe competition and challenges associated with selling products, retail outlets employ various techniques to increase sales and influence customers to make a purchase. Retailer use shopping coupons, discounts, reward points, events, and many more strategies to boost sales.
8) Diversity marketing:
Businesses incorporate and customize different marketing strategies to attract audience belonging to different segments differing in attitude, behavior, beliefs, views, needs, etc. For example, cosmetic companies use models from different nationalities to attract customers from various segments.
The above-discussed marketing strategies have a specific purpose and are unique in their way. Choose the right marketing strategy aligned with your goals, budget, and customer needs.
Leading universities in Zimbabwe that offer BSc marketing:
|Lupane State University
|Chinhoyi University of Technology
|Reformed Church University
|Bindura University of Science Education
Significance of studying a bachelor of science in marketing with Texila American University, Zambia:
- Close to Zimbabwe with a pleasant ambiance
- Well-qualified faculty with extensive experience in the field
- Opportunities to pursue education via on-campus, part-time, or online modes
- Budget-friendly education fees
- Get to learn about the modern approach to business practices with exposure to the latest tools and techniques
- Live webinars on current practices in marketing
- Network with an energetic student crowd of various nationalities and educational backgrounds
- The curriculum incorporates case studies, book and article reviews, forum discussions, etc., to enhance learning
- Project work promotes integrated learning and helps you to relate theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios
- Article review enhances critical thinking and analysis skills
Eligibility to join bachelor of science in marketing management with Texila:
|Grade 12 certificate or GCE with 5 Credits
|3-year diploma in relevant specialty from recognized university
|(or) 2-year diploma from recognized university with 3 years of work experience in relevant specialty
|(or) 6-month certificate and 1.5-year diploma program in relevant specialization from recognized university with 3 years of work experience in management sector
The bachelor of science in the marketing program at TAU enables you to
- Become an all-rounder in the field with critical thinking
- Gain knowledge in setting marketing goals and selecting target market segments
- Formulate a suitable marketing structure
- Develops people skills to maintain healthy relationships with people functioning at various levels
- Exposure to market research and sales management
- Establish standards to monitor and control marketing activities, study metrics, measure actual performance, compare data with standards and take necessary action and fine-tune marketing strategies.