Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Zambia is facing an acute shortage of medical personnel and a widespread health crisis. Healthcare organizations and the Zambian government are working on getting more doctors on board. Students pursuing MBChB in Zambia have better opportunities and availability of medical schools which offer the best programs. TAU is one of the best universities in Zambia that offer MBChB programs. With international recognition, you can practice anywhere across the globe.
Gain knowledge in ethical practices, health promotion and disease prevention, patient management and diagnosis, clinical care, medical IT, clinical and logical reasoning, scientific principles and research methods, and leadership skills. On completion, you can study PG in public health, clinical physiology, epidemiology, advanced clinical practice, etc. Become a successful healthcare professional with TAU.
- Why Pursue Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in Zambia?
- Better Opportunities
- Various Medical Schools
- International Recognition
- How to Study MBCHB in Zambia?
- Requirements for MBCHB in Zambia
- Preferred University for MBChB in Zambia
Over the years, the study of health and medical sciences has significantly evolved. Many students consider applying for MBChB programs abroad to get better medical recognition. They also look for a higher number of opportunities, and a high pay scale.
The reason behind this significant shift is the low supply of doctors in Zambia. A report released by the World Health Organization says that the doctor to patient ration in Zambia is 1:12,000. Comparatively, the acceptable ratio is 1:5,000 according to WHO guidelines. However, Zambia is clearly far from this reality.
A distorted supply-demand graph is a source of opportunity for many budding professionals. Likewise, the medical sector in Zambia provides a great deal of opportunities. The easiest way to enter a job in Zambia’s healthcare system would be to graduate in a medical school there.
However, how can you find the best international school for medical education? In this article, we have explored the benefits of completing the MBCHB degree in Zambia. Read on and discover why the MBCHB program in Zambia can lead to career growth.
Why Pursue Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in Zambia?
Another vital dataset released by the WHO gives an overview of the availability of doctors in Zambia. There is only one physician available in Zambia for around 1,000 people. Based on this, we can visualize the demand for doctors and physicians in Zambia.
For over a long period now, Zambia has suffered from a critical health crisis. Therefore, healthcare organizations and governments are working on getting more doctors on board.
Students pursuing the MBChB program in Zambia receive the following benefits:
Completing the MBChB Degree in Zambia opens various future career paths. You can further your qualification in the following medical fields. And then, you can work with different government, private, and non-profit organizations,
- Molecular Medicine
- Public Health
- Forensic radiology
- Clinical Physiology
- Biomedical Science
Various Medical Schools
In terms of the availability of schools, there are a series of options. There has been an enormous transformation in the number of medical schools.
One of the best universities for an MBChB/MBBS course is Texila American University. It offers 6-year program that helps you pursue a career as a,
- Public health journalist
- Public health professional
- Forensic examiner
- Medical research professional
The 6- year program also includes a one-year foundation for Grade 12 Students.
With an MBCHB/MBBS degree in Zambia, you get an opportunity to practice medicine across the globe. Furthermore, there’s always an option to continue working in Zambia and help needy people.
How to Study MBCHB in Zambia?
Before enrolling for an MBChB course in Zambia, it is imperative to understand the academic criteria. Also learn the age requirements, course structure, and average salary offered. In the following section, we have discussed in detail how you can complete the MBCHB course in Zambia. Evaluate the process and understand future opportunities. And then figure out the best international school to pursue your dreams.
Requirements for MBCHB in Zambia
Every country has guidelines and eligibility criteria to pursue medicine programs. However, some general requirements to pursue MBChB program in Zambia are as follows:
Students with minimum 17 years are eligible to enroll into a MBCHB program in Zambia. Additionally, there is no upper age limit for Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ) in Zambia.
Every student enrolling for the MBChB course should have one among the following.
- Grade 12 or O level with Credit or better in 5 subjects. Four of the five subjects must be:
- Physics / Chemistry
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- A level with Pass in Mathematics, Biology, Physics & Chemistry
- Sometimes, as an applicant you need to appear for a physical interview in order to assess your knowledge and experience.
Structure of the Course
- According to the standard structure, you will have to spend six years studying MBChB to become a medical doctor. It includes three years in school and three years in hospital training.
- Upon completing the degree program, you would undergo an internship program. The internship might extend for a minimum duration of 18 months through Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ). During the internship you will receive a temporary licensure. You can use it to practice in the hospital with a minimal supervision
- After completing your internship, you will receive a permanent licensure. Only with this licensure, you will be able to practice as a General Practitioner in Zambia.
Salary of Doctors:
A medical doctor’s average salary in Zambia is 169,000 ZMK. Many doctors get as high as 23,800 ZMK per month in Zambia.
With experience, you can improve your pay scale during practice.
Preferred University for MBChB in Zambia
Texila American University (TAU) is a leading medical University in Zambia. TAU offers an MBChB program for competent doctors. The course helps you develop competent knowledge, skills, and the right attitude.
Fortunately, due to its unique structure, the course creates a balance. You will learn in curative, promotive, rehabilitative, and preventive healthcare settings.
- Grade 12 or O-level with Credit or better in 5 subjects. The 5 subjects must include English, Mathematics, Physics / Chemistry, Biology / Agricultural Science.
- A-level with Pass in Mathematics, Biology, Physics & Chemistry.
The selection criteria at TAU depends on extracurricular, personal, and academic abilities. As a result, we check educational qualifications and age for every student. In addition, emotional, physical, and intellectual well-being and capacity also go through consideration.
What do You get?
With TAU’s MBChB course, you get:
- Legal as well as ethical responsibilities
- Skills for health promotion and disease prevention
- Excellent knowledge of patient management and diagnostics
- Knowledge of clinical care in addition to clinical skills
- Understanding and knowledge of medical IT
- Clinical and logical reasoning skills
- Deep understanding of scientific principles coupled with research methods
- Leadership as well as professional skills
MBChB/MBBS graduates from TAU can pursue the following postgraduate degrees.
- Public health
- Clinical physiology
- Advanced clinical practice
- The list is in fact endless
Pursuing an MBCHB course in Zambia can help you receive an excellent salary. In addition, you receive various career options, and a chance to help the world. A 6-year program from Texila American University can help you set the right foot forward.
Begin your journey towards excellence
Enroll in TAU’s MBChB program and begin your journey to becoming a successful healthcare professional!