Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Countries like Zimbabwe have inadequate medical facilities and face acute poverty with a high HIV prevalence rate. Aspiring Zimbabwean students who want to bring about a change in medical services can choose to study medicine and can join medicine schools immediately after 12th grade. The duration of the MBChB program is between 5 to 6 years. With the new fee structure, you get to pay $8,000 to $9,000 per semester, depending on the choice of university. With the challenges associated with medical education in Zimbabwe, Zambia is an excellent choice because of its proximity. Zambia has several leading medical schools with global recognition. It is a safe place and offers excellent career opportunities. TAU is one of the leading medical schools in Zambia, offering quality medical education, advanced infrastructure, and lab facilities, highly qualified staff, and an international curriculum.
- How to Apply for Medical Schools in Zimbabwe
- Why Should Zimbabweans Consider Doing Their Medical Degree in Zambia?
- How Should One Choose a Medical School Abroad?
- Best Option to Pursue HPFP and MBChB Courses in Zambia
- Why Should You Choose Texila American University for Their Medical Education?
- How Effectively Has TAU Handled the Corona Situation by Adopting Virtual Classrooms?
Students applying to medical school would understand the importance of medical professionals in the growth of a country. However, medical services in developing countries have always been an issue. The inadequate medical facilities and the poverty-stricken environment are common in countries like Zimbabwe, which is one of the countries that have the highest HIV prevalence rate in sub-Saharan Africa at 12.7%, with 1.3 million people living with HIV in 2018.
If you want to bring a change in Zimbabwean medical services by getting a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree to provide better medical facilities to your fellow countrymen, you should step toward change by applying to medical school right now. Furthermore, for Zimbabwean students selecting Zambia to study medicine would be a better option rather than Zimbabwe. Why? Let’s understand in depth.
How to Apply for Medical Schools in Zimbabwe
- Procedure and Eligibility to Enter into a Medicine Program in Zimbabwe
When you are applying to medical school in Zimbabwe, you have to understand the application procedure and eligibility criteria in detail, which something like:
- You have to pass Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics with an ‘A’ grades in your high school final exams.
- You have to learn Life Science and Physical Science related to your MBChB Degree program.
- Once you have passed 12th with A grades, you can start applying to medical school.
- You have to check your selected medical university admission procedure because every university has different submission guidelines.
- You can check the university’s website to know the admission process and other information, including a scholarship to study medicine and surgery abroad.
- When Should Students Start Applying for Medical School in Zimbabwe?
Students don’t have to wait long to apply to medical school in Zimbabwe. Just after completing high school, you can enter into medical school to persuade your MBChB degree. However, students can take gap years to prepare for medical school better or apply the scholarship to study medicine and surgery abroad programs. On the other hand, some students dedicate a year or more for a Bachelor of Science degree. The final choice is in the hands of students to decide when they should apply to medical school in Zimbabwe.
- How Many Years Does It Take to Study Medicine?
If you are applying to medical school straightaway after completing high school and clearing all the exams on your first attempt, you have to put six years to study medicine. However, some universities offer a five-year medicine study program also. On the contrary, some universities offer an extended degree program to students, where students have to complete the first year in two years. It is highly useful for students with a disadvantaged background who can learn at their own pace. Overall, medicine study varies between 5 to 6 years approximately.
- How Much Does It Cost to Apply for Medical School?
Zimbabwean universities have recently announced a new tuition fee structure that depending on their courses, students may have to pay between $5,000 and $9,000 per semester. While choosing a medical degree, they may have to pay between $8,000 and $9,000 per semester, depending on the selected university. Universities are charging higher than the capped tuition fee in Zimbabwe after including levies.
Why Should Zimbabweans Consider Doing Their Medical Degree in Zambia?
Zimbabwean should consider applying for a medical degree in Zambia for multiple reasons:
- Nearness – If you want to study medicine abroad, Zambia is the perfect location due to its geographical proximity to the Zimbabwean border. You can quickly learn under a new environment without going too far away from your home.
- Technical Institutions – In Zambia, a plethora of medical schools present where you can apply to get your MBChB degree. Faculty, lab support, and curriculum of the medical institutions in Zambia are designed as per the international norms.
- Safe Environment – Zambia is a beautiful and peaceful place where students can practice medicine without any worry. It is always an important factor for parents to know whether the study medicine abroad program is safe or not. Thus, parents should understand that the political and environmental conditions of Zambia are ideal for young students.
- Career Opportunities – The Zambian government has drafted numerous healthcare policies to overcome the shortcomings of the country. Thus, there are multiple career opportunities present ahead of the people in the sector of food safety, environmental health, epidemic control, etc.
How Should One Choose a Medical School Abroad?
If you have made up your mind study medicine abroad, you have a more significant question ahead of you – how to pick an ideal medical school in a foreign land? Applying to medical school abroad needs to be planned thoroughly after considering all the relevant facts. To choose medical school abroad to complete your MBChB degree, you have to consider the following points:
- Pick a Location – Foremost, you have to choose a foreign location where you want to study medicine. To pick the location, you should use the following primary criteria – career opportunities, financial resources, eligibility application criteria, level of education, etc.
- Check Universities Ranking – To study medicine abroad, you have to check the international ranking of all the medical schools in your preferred locations. The universities are ranked primarily based on the quality of the education provided. Your objective of studying medicine abroad can be achieved if you are applying to the best-in-class medical school.
- Evaluate Fee Structure – Applying to medical school is an expensive task. But, you can obtain an MBChB degree under your budget by evaluating different tuition fees in various medical universities in Zimbabwe. You should compare fees before selecting the affordable yet suitable one.
- Learn About Others’ Experience – If you are a bit hesitant before applying to medical school abroad, you should learn about the experience of other people who have studied abroad matching your interest. When you have picked a medical school to pursue your medical degree program, you should connect with alumni of the university and ask about their experiences. You should connect with people who have experienced the same cultural changes, challenges, and misconceptions. Learning the real-life experience gives you a confidence boost to study medicine abroad.
- Check for Scholarships – Many medical schools offer scholarships to study medicine and surgery abroad. Thus, you should gather information regarding the scholarship program so that you can apply for it.
Best Option to Pursue HPFP and MBChB Courses in Zambia
Texila American University (TAU) is one of the leading medical schools in Zambia. This university offers progressive medical degree programs to Zimbabwean students to start their careers. There are plenty of different degree courses offered by TAU, but the two leading medical ones are:
- HPFP Degree – The Health Professions Foundation Program is a one-year foundation that helps students learn all the basics and make themselves prepare for their MBChB degree.
- MBChB Degree – The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a kinetic program available to resume your medical career in Zambia. This degree program trains students to become professional and skillful doctors with the right knowledge and attitude. It is a comprehensive healthcare program with the perfect balance between preventive, curative, and promotive approaches.
Why Should You Choose Texila American University for Their Medical Education?
TAU is a perfect destination for Zimbabwean students for applying to medical school because they will receive:
- Quality Medical Education – Keeping all the international medical curriculum in mind, the medical degree program is designed by professionals at TAU.
- Classrooms with Advanced Technologies – Latest virtual technologies are introduced into TAU classrooms for the advanced learning environment.
- Well-Equipped Laboratories – Advanced labs are built on the TAU campus with the latest surgical equipment and tools.
- Highly Qualified Professors – Professors and teachers with high academic credentials and experience are appointed to teach at TAU only.
- International Standard Curriculum – At TAU, they prepare students to challenge global leaders. International standards of the curriculum are drafted for MBChB students so they can practice their skills anywhere around the globe.
How Effectively Has TAU Handled the Corona Situation by Adopting Virtual Classrooms?
TAU is very serious about its students’ future, thus by adopting an online classes module, live video lectures of four hours daily are being provided to students during the pandemic. TAU has also conducted live practical demonstrations through TAU’s Learning Management System.
Moreover, to reduce the economic burden on students’ shoulders, TAU has approached ZAMTEL to provide zero-cost data bundles for students to participate in online classes. This effort of TAU has benefited numerous Zambia students. This incident is just an example that proves how TAU is taking care of its students’ education and welfare. Pursuing a medical degree will open up a lot of opportunities in the ever-evolving medical world. Become a competent doctor and explore better opportunities with TAU’s international standard MBChB degree.